Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A two marshmallow kind of faith


PK gave a sermon that I am convinced was created just for me this past weekend.  I was a wreck, running on 1 hour of sleep and in desperate need of some inspiration and Godly wisdom.  He talked about having a two marshmallow kind of faith.  What does that mean?  Well, God has made us promises for our lives.  We must have patience and wait on His time.  Just because I wanted something NOW doesn’t mean its right for me. God is the only one who knows what is right for me.  So, instead of grabbing the first marshmallow that comes along, I’ll wait on my two marshmallows because it will be worth it.

Here are a few things I learned this week:

1. Mercy is treating someone better than they deserve.
2. Grace is not always a returned courtesy.
3. Contrary to popular belief, “sticks and stones will break my bones and your words CAN (and do) hurt me.”
4. The Lord is who I should run to for comfort.
5. Sticky notes with inspirational saying posted ALL over a bathroom mirror really does help to cheer you up.
6. I would like there to be theme music played (like the movies) everywhere I go.  This week I would have ‘Shadowfeet’ by Brooke Fraser as my theme song.
7. God has provided me with the most AMAZING support system a girl could ask for.

So, needless to say, I’ve had a rough few days.  However, God made me resilient, and resilient I will be.  I will come out on the other side better than I was before, better than I am now.  I do have something to offer, I will make someone happy someday, and I deserve to be treated as such.

1 comment:

  1. You've written the truth, Jenny. What an encouraging word for us all...and you are a woman of worth! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete