Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Giggle Box

I think it’s safe to say that it’s pretty easy to make me laugh.  I love to laugh and I find humor in most situations.  However, there are a few things that get me laughing every time.  Let’s discuss.

What makes me laugh?  People falling down.  Honestly, they don’t even have to fall all the way down, a simple wobble and I’m hysterical.  I don’t even have to be there to witness said wobble/fall, I just hear the story and I’m done.  Case in point, my brother telling me the story of my mom falling off the curb near the CNN center.  Yes, she hurt herself (and I really did feel bad for her), but I was crying I was laughing so hard at this story.  I’m not biased either, when I fall down I laugh at myself too.  Let’s take the story of how I came to be known as Jenny Thong.  This story takes place in 1995 when I was a freshman at Collins Hill High School.  I was making my way down the grand staircase between classes wearing high heels and a skirt that was WAY to short.  I tripped and fell down the first set of stairs.  Now, at this point about half of the students in the area noticed the fall.  So, I got back up and made my way down the second set of stairs only to fall AGAIN.  This time, I land face down with my skirt up to my chest….exposing…..well, you can guess.  Hence my nickname that I have yet to shake (thanks to Alan Joseph)-Jenny Thong.

What makes me laugh?  Mascots.  I’m not sure where this came from, but to see a mascot at a sporting event dancing around cracks me up.  There is a real person underneath there!  It’s so funny to me to see the duck’s tail feathers dancing around or the giant mouth of any mascot engulfing an innocent bystanders head.  Hysterical.

What makes me laugh?  Kids and animals doing kid like or animal like things.  It is so funny to see a little kid trying to play a sport or a dog chasing his tail.  What gets me are the videos that combine the two.  Picture this: a toddler wandering through a back yard garden when all of a sudden a cat comes flying out of nowhere like a crazed flying squirrel only to hit the kid in the face before running off.  Way to funny.  This is why AFV is one of my favorite shows; they play animal and kid videos all the time.

What makes me laugh?  A select group of comedians.  Chelsea Handler, the Hot Pocket guy, and my new favorite-Daniel Tosh.  Did you know that kangaroos cannot jump backwards and that babies aren’t dishwasher safe?  Daniel Tosh taught me that.  I’ve read all of Ms. Handler’s books and literally laughed out loud while reading all of them. 

So, the next time you see someone fall, or a silly mascot, or a funny kid…..just know that somewhere, I’m laughing.


No comments:

Post a Comment